Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Do you like fall?  What about all the tasty foods that come along with the changing of the seasons?

I set out to make some pumpkin bread recently and am amazed at the delicious recipe I found.  Even more remarkable is that this recipe is designed to be used for a Pumpkin Bread Pudding (with Spicy Caramel Apple Sauce, no less).  I suppose if you are going to make a bread pudding, you should make sure that the bread is extra delicious!

Disclaimer:  My pumpkin bread didn't last long enough to become bread pudding, so you'll have to try that one yourself, if you've got enough willpower.  Or, enough pumpkin to make a few loaves.
The ingredients in the recipe are simple enough:
Fairly standard, yes?  Notice that the pumpkin is just standard pumpkin, not the kind that's ready to be poured into a pie.  I have an astonishing number of spices on my spice rack, so I'm always thankful to use them in a recipe.

First you mix up the wet ingredients with a stand mixer:
And the dry ones in a separate bowl.  I know this is simple, but I totally got it wrong the other day ;)
Then you mix the dry ingredients into the wet ones until you have delicious pumpkin bread batter ready to pop into the oven.

I enjoyed this recipe so much that after I sampled it, I immediately made a second loaf.  We shared this at our halloween party, and I am thinking it will make another appearance at Thanksgiving.  Yum yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment