Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dilled Vegetable Barley Soup from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest

It's freezing here in Cincinnati.  A large number of people I spend a lot of time with (at work, at home) have been sick with the flu or other fun stuff and I am trying my best not to get it.  I was concerned that I might fall ill with it this week, so I made sure to have some soup on hand. 

Actually, I've been trying to make 1 pot of soup a week for the past month or two.  It's gone really well.  I don't make it every week, but I have consistently been having delicious soup around to snack on.  Or take to work for lunch!

I'm also trying to use up dry goods items from my pantry because I noticed a few things were starting to age and I want to make sure I get my money's worth and eat them up!

Here is the recipe for the week, creatively hidden by a selection of the ingredients.  Mushrooms on sale?!  Yes, please.  I bought five :)

First stop was a little choppy-choppy action:
Then came a little simmering action.  Look at that nice pile of dill!
Here is the finished product!  I didn't eat any of this right away because I'd made a few other fancy dishes the same day. 
This was a flavorful soup, but I've had much better barley soup recipes and probably won't make this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment