Sunday, February 6, 2011

Maple Cinnamon Butternut Squash

My roommates went on a cruise to the Caribbean.  I couldn't go because I just started coursework for my MBA and I didn't want to miss any of my classes.  What to do when the nights get cold and lonely?  Fire up the oven and make some comfort food!

I started off with a small butternut squash.  Using the sharpest knife in my arsenal I cut off the bottom and then shaved off the hard skin.

This was one of the easiest squashes I've ever peeled and I'm not certain why that was.

Here it is chopped up into tiny pieces.


I wasn't sure what to do with it...So I started off with some coconut oil...


Then added some pure maple syrup, and some cinnamon.  Cinnamon not pictured.


Then I put it in a very hot oven and baked it until the edges were crispy and browned.  I love the crisping effect you get when you use a little fat and a little sugar in the oven.

This was so amazing that once it came out of the oven I didn't have time to take a picture.  I just gobbled them right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment