Sunday, March 27, 2011

Roast Chicken with Rosemary-Orange Butter

I found myself with a blood orange and a whole chicken and wondered what kind of delicious creation I might make.  Luckily, my stand by recipe website, Epicurious, came through with a recipe for Roast Chicken with Rosemary-Orange Butter.

Here is the chicken:

And the blood orange ready to be zested.  Oooh sexy, zesting.


lol


Mixing up the rosemary orange butter


I made a bed of carrots, onion, and celery for the chicken to rest on with the intention of eating the veggies with the chicken.  Frankly, they didn't look very appetizing after the chicken was cooked, so I just threw them out.

I made small slits in the skin and put the butter on the inside and the outside.  rub down the chicken.

And here is the finished result!

This was a pretty tasty recipe.  I took some of the juice from the oranges (I roasted them in the cavity of the chicken) and made gravy with a little white wine.  Then I saved the bones for my next batch of chicken stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment