Friday, January 21, 2011

Trader Joe's Peanut Flour=Happy Yam

I recently discovered the joy that is known as Trader Joe's Peanut Flour.  I've been reading about it online on blogs for a while, but I didn't have much reason to go buy it.  I typically don't visit Trader Joe's because the one here is really close to Kenwood Mall and the traffic is much to congested around there.

However, I was tempted by a recipe posted on Daily Garnish, called Healthy Peanut Sauce and Tofu Marinade

I love peanut sauce, but the fat and calories get me down...so I don't get to enjoy it as much as I would like.

Enter:  Trader Joe's Peanut Flour
I held it up in front of this photo to help you understand the scope of its awesomeness.  Comparable with Vincent Van Gogh.  Tiny package?  This puppy was vacuumed sealed to the max!  I think it would be easier to break out of prison then to get another one of these open!
Don't be fooled by those scissors.  They did not help very much.  >(

Anywho, Peanut Flour:

Its essentially peanuts that are compressed until the oil (i.e. fat) comes out.  Then they grind it up.  This sounds pretty boring, and like something you would only use when making cookies.  But wait!

You can make it into low calorie, low fat peanut butter.  Just add water.


No really, you just add water.  As much or as little as you want!

Or, soy milk if you really want.

ZOMG.  Delicious.

I didn't end up taking any pictures of the peanut sauce when I tried it on the tofu.  It was pretty darn good.  Mostly what I've been making is this.  Times 1000x.
As a side note...see that salt in the picture?  Peanut Flour is not salted.  So, you should salt it if you want a true peanut butter experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment