Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mom's Apple Crisp

As part of my ongoing meal planning preparations for holiday entertaining, I asked my mother if she would be so gracious as to share her family famous Apple Crisp recipe.

My mom said she has never been able to find Pippin apples, so I just used Granny Smith apples...since that is the flavor I'm used to for this recipe.

Ingredients:

4-6 pippin apples (I use granny smiths enough to fill the pan)
Juice of one lemon
¾ cup brown sugar
1 c whole wheat flour
½ c margarine (I use Butter)       
Nutmeg & cinnamon

Instructions:
Slice apples thick or thin as you want. Sprinkle with lemon juice and arrange in a greased pan.  I rinsed the lemon off of mine prior to cooking.

Mix flour & sugar butter/margarine together with a pastry cutter, until pea sized.

Sprinkle apples w cinnamon and nutmeg (light on the nutmeg!) sprinkle on the sugar/flour butter mixture

Bake at 350 for 30-45 min depending on the apples, allow to cool 10-15 min or serve cold.

Whipped cream or Vanilla ice cream is good with it.

So, here goes!  Apple Crisp--Amy Version 1.0
I was just making a small pan full, so I only used three of these apples

I sliced these up while I re-watched the latest Harry Potter movie :)


Sprinkled with Cinnamon and Nutmeg.  Probably a little too light on the Cinnamon and a little heavy on the Nutmeg...
Mixing the brown sugar mixture.  I cut the recipe for the crisp part in half since I was making such a small pan's worth


Pouring it over the apples.  Getting exited!
Finishing product.  Yum! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment