Saturday, November 20, 2010

Curried Udon Noodle Stir Fry


This was delicious.  This is a recipe out of my favorite cookbook, Veganomicon.  First, you start by boiling some Udon noodles.  These have been sitting in my cupboard for quite a while waiting for me to figure out something to do with them.

In the meantime, you make a roux.  That consists of mixing flour with some oil and then mixing in some spices.  Here is a picture of the finished product, waiting to coat the noodles.
I also mixed up some vegetables in a little stir fry.  Some onion, red bell pepper, and broccoli.  This recipe calls for seitan, but I didn't have enough time to make any that day.  So I just dumped in a brick of pressed tofu instead.  Click the hyper-link for my post on how to press tofu.
Add the udon noodles on top, sprinkle with some soy sauce and stir fry for a few moments.

Here is the finished product in the pan:
And divided into handy little containers to take to work for lunch!  This made four delicious servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment