Monday, November 1, 2010

Chili (Not my grandmother's famous recipe)

I wanted to make a big crock pot full of chili for a shin dig at my house.  When I make chili, I like to make chunky Texas style chili.  Since I couldn't find my grandmother's recipe, I just located one online that had a lot of good reviews.  The only change I made to this recipe was not adding beer.  And that's just because I forgot.  Here is a link to the recipe.

I truly feel that this is the secret to good chili.  Brooks Hot BEANS.
Here is a mixture of ground beef and ground sausage:
I had to take two pictures of my bell peppers because they just looked so darn tasty.



Add in some celery and some green chilies...and mix it all in the pot.

And then add in some tomato-ey goodness.  Diced tomatoes in their juice with tomato paste etc.


After its all mixed up you just let it cook, just like regular chili. 

This was a delicious chili recipe.  Not as good as my grandmother's, but about as awesome as another chili recipe can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment