Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Saag

Another new favorite from Veganomicon
This its vegan at its finest...naturally delicious.  No imitation anything..just good food.
First, you need to bake a pumpkin and get all its guts out:



Here is a picture of the pumpkin after a decent bit of baking time.  Afterwards, I peeled the skin off and chopped the flesh up into cubes.

I didn't end up with enough spinach since I used most of it for a cooking project earlier in the week.  After I put everything together I set it in the fridge for a few days until I could get back to the grocery.

I like my saag really smooth without big chunks in it, so I put it in the blender after I got more spinach.  Here is what it looked liked cooking in my pan.



I thought it needed some more "Indian" flavor, so I added in nearly double the amount of spices the original recipe called for.  I served this over brown rice that I cooked in vegetable broth.


I ended up stirring some peanut butter into mine, because it happened to strike my fancy at the moment.
This was a delicious recipe and will definitely make its way into my cooking repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment