Sunday, October 3, 2010

Veganomicon

I am happy to share that I recently received my copy of Veganomicon in the mail.  I had a few recipes in mind to try as my first recipe from the book, that were reviewed on another blog I stumbled upon at some point or another.

I tried two recipes today.  Red lentil cauliflower curry and samosa stuffed baked potatoes.  Both were phenomenal successes.  Yum. yum. yum.
Here are all the yummy ingredients.  Baked potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, and assorted spices

I baked the potatoes the night before, trying to heat up my apartment a little bit!  They were nice and cooled off by the time I was ready to scoop out the inside of them.  Got them all ready for stuffing.

Mixing up the filling.  Peas and carrots and yummy-ness

All the filling blended up together.  See the yellow mustard seeds?  Not yellow any more...black dots now.

Potatoes are stuffed and ready to go into the oven

And....voila!  finished product!  
This was a very, very yummy recipe.  I was very excited with the turnout.  I could tell before the filling was even done cooking that this was going to be delicious.

Unfortunately, I was too busy eating my yummy potatoes to take any pictures while I curried...haha...can you say that?  Curried?

The curry was one of the best Indian style dishes I have ever made.  It's definitely going in my cooking repertoire.  Soooo delicious!  Maybe next time I make it I will take some pictures.

I'm already envisioning a date night at my house with these two dishes!  Veganomicon also has a recipe for mango chutney that I think would be really tasty with the samosa potatoes.  I will probably try to mix some of that up next time as well.

Loving this cookbook so far.  This week I am trying seitan for the first time.  There is a nice recipe for Seitan with spinach and mushrooms in the book.  Will keep you posted.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment