Monday, October 18, 2010

Vegan Picnic Takeover!

I suggested a picnic as a fun evening activity and Below Zero agreed.  Low and behold Below Zero is also a big fan of vegan cuisine and has a cookbook collection to boot!  I was treated to a delicious feast at Sawyer Point last week.

Here is the appetizer.  Bruschetta made from Findlay market tomatoes and fresh basil.  Some onion, garlic, and oil too I would bet.

 Next up was a delightful chickpea salad:
There was also a salad made out of greens and peppers (Also found at Findlay):
There were a few items I didn't get pictures of, such as a Vegan BetterFinger that I picked up at Park + Vine along with a few fancy sodas...or the Cranberry Pumpkin scones I made from the Veganomicon cookbook.  What can I say.  When you are eating dessert, its hard to put it down long enough to take a picture.

But, I did manage to get a picture of my meal:

Of course this was only that start of my nom nom nom nom noming.  A little bit of everything, mixed together.  That is baked tofu on the right...I didn't get a proper picture of that earlier.

Summary:  Delicious vegan food enjoyed with a view of the river and good company!  Win.

Give me noming or give me death!

No comments:

Post a Comment